In 2019, Amazon introduced a celebrity voice pack in which your Alexa can talk like Samuel L. Jackson, Shaquille O’Neal, Melissa McCarthy, Gordon Ramsay, R2-D2, Amitabh Bachchan, Jarvis, and many more. But, on May 30, 2023, Amazon spokesperson Eric Sveum confirmed in a statement to The Verge that they’re discontinuing the voice pack services, and a refund will be issued.
Being an Iron Man fan, this announcement was disappointing because I had changed my Alexa voice to Jarvis, and talking to Jarvis was really fun.
To change Alexa voice to Jarvis, I had followed these steps:
- Just say, “Alexa, introduce me to Jarvis.”
- Next, purchase the voice pack if you haven’t purchased it yet.
- After that, set your explicit content option for Alexa.
- Next, you’ll hear, “Alexa has changed her voice.”
After following these steps, my Alexa started talking like Tony Stark’s Jarvis robot. But, the custom voice feature for Alexa was discontinued by Amazon on September 30, 2023.
How To Change Alexa Voice To Jarvis
By default, your Amazon Echo device is triggered when it hears the word “Alexa“. However, there is an option to change it.
If you want to change your Alexa voice to Jarvis or any other celebrity, follow these steps on the Alexa app.
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Go to the More tab in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on the Settings option.
- Scroll down until you see the Alexa preferences section.
- Tap on Voice Responses.
- Tap on the Celebrity Voice option.
- It’ll be listed if you’ve purchased a Jarvis voice pack for Alexa.
- Tap on the Jarvis and disable explicit content.
That’s it! Your Echo device voice has changed from Alexa to Jarvis. Just say, “Hey Jarvis, what’s the weather outside.”
Remember that the celebrity voice pack only supports basic smart assistant features. For example, if you say, “Hey Jarvis, create an alarm for 5:30 AM, ” Jarvis will ask you to give this voice command to Alexa instead.
Note: Amazon stopped supporting celebrities’ voice packs after September 2023, and all subscribers ‘ money will be refunded to their original payment method.
Now, you can only use the following wake words on your Echo devices:
How To Change Alexa Wake Word
By default, your Echo device will go into listening mode when it hears “Alexa“. But, sometimes, this can be problematic when many Echo devices are nearby.
So, Amazon has given other wake word options that you can change from the Alexa app. To change your Alexa wake word, follow these steps:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Go to Devices> Echo & Alexa> select your device.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap on the Wake Word.
- Select the wake word from the list.
Is There Any Alexa Skill For Jarvis?
Amazon introduced voice pack options for Alexa devices in 2019, but this feature was discontinued on September 30, 2023.
However, if you go to Skills & Games and search for Jarvis, you’ll find many Jarvis skills in the search results.
But these skills don’t change your Alexa voice response. Instead, they’ll play some interesting facts about Avengers and Marvel.
Is There Any Way To Change Alexa Voice To Jarvis?
You can’t change the original Alexa voice to Jarvis because the celebrity voice pack option on Alexa is discontinued. However, you can create iPhone shortcuts with voice recording and connect an earphone to an Echo device to wake up on Jarvis.
Here’s how to wake up your Alexa with the word Hey Jarvis:
- Open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone.
- Record a new memo and say, “Alexa“.
- Go to the Shortcuts app.
- Tap on the Plus (+) icon to create a new shortcut.
- Tap on the Add Action button.
- Search for Voice Memos.
- Tap on Play Recording> select the earlier recorded voice.
- Now, set the condition to Play voice memo when the iPhone hears Hey Jarvis.
- Insert a wired earphone and place it near the microphone of the Echo device.
That’s it. When your iPhone hears Hey Jarvis, it’ll play the voice memo where you recorded the word Alexa. The earphone will play that sound near the Echo device microphone and be ready to take your voice command.
Amazon CEO Andy Jassy heavily scrutinized the company’s Alexa sector, as its operating losses exceeded $5 million in recent years.
After that, Amazon announced the discontinuation of Alexa voice packs. Hence, you can’t change your Alexa voice to Jarvis, but I have explained an unofficial method above.
Although it’s not a smooth process, that’s all we have. I hope you enjoyed reading this article.
Was Amazon disappointed you with this decision? Share your thoughts in the comment box.