Apple Music has an extensive library of over 100 million songs with Spatial Audio support. If you have a subscription, you can integrate your account with Alexa and play your Apple Music playlists with voice commands.
By default, Alexa will stream from Amazon Music if you ask her to play a song. However, you can change your default music service to Apple Music for better music listening experience.
This guide will teach you how to play Apple music playlists on Alexa. If you don’t know how to play Apple Music on Alexa, read this step-by-step guide till the end.
How To Play Apple Music Playlist On Alexa
There are two methods to play Apple Music playlist on Alexa speaker:
- Play Apple Music on Echo with a Skill.
- Play Apple Music on Echo using Bluetooth.
Let’s start with the first method:
1. Play Apple Music on Echo with a Skill
If you have an active Apple Music subscription, you can play your favorite songs, artists, or radio stations on the Echo speaker with voice commands.
Apple has officially launched Apple Music Alexa Skill to listen to your favorite playlists with voice commands.
Follow these steps to play Apple Music playlists on Echo speaker with Alexa Skill:
- Open the Alexa app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the More tab.
- Go to Skills & Games.
- Search for Apple Music.
- Go to the first search result.
- Tap on ENABLE TO USE.
- Sign in with Apple ID to authorize your Apple Music account.
Now, Alexa has access to your Apple Music library, and now she can play your favorite songs. Just ask, “Alexa, play [song or playlist name] on Apple Music.”
Also, I advise you to change your default music service from Amazon Music to Apple Music. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Alexa app.
- Tap on the More tab.
- Go to Music & More.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap on the Default Services.
- Select Apple Music from the list.
Now, when you say, “Alexa, play music,” then she will automatically start playing from Apple Music.
2. Play Apple Music on Echo using Bluetooth
This method works if you don’t have an active Apple Music subscription but have songs in the download library.
In this case, Alexa will work like a Bluetooth speaker for your iPhone or MacBook to play Apple Music playlists.
Follow these steps to play Apple Music on Echo speaker using Bluetooth:
- Bring your iPhone in the Bluetooth range of the Echo speaker.
- Say, “Alexa, turn on the Bluetooth.”
- Go to your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings.
- Pair your iPhone with an Alexa device.
- Open Apple Music on your iPhone.
- Play your favorite music library on the Echo speaker.
Apple Music and Alexa might hail from rival tech companies, but they can work together harmoniously. You can directly stream through Bluetooth or use Alexa Skills to play your playlists on Echo. As technology advances, we can expect even tighter integration. For now, choose the most convenient method and relish your favorite tracks!